Who are Grimsby Town Foundation?
Aims and Objectives:
- To listen to our partner schools needs and then provide meaningful, holistic and engaging provision
- To enthuse and inspire all children, ages 5-11 in the classroom, in the play ground, on the sports field and into all aspects of their life beyond school
- To work alongside teachers to support Higher Quality PE that is sustainable and embedded throughout the school
- To deliver well planned and impact driven targeted interventions to those pupils recognised as needing additional support
We are more than football coaches…
Grimsby Town Foundation was originally formed in 1986 under the name of Football in the Community, then Grimsby Town Sport and Education Trust. Our Premier League Primary Stars program is a scheme that is available to all Primary Schools in North and North East Lincolnshire.
PL Primary Stars can instill essential life skills and values into your pupils that will help with engagement in learning, behaviour around school and support with progress as the child travels through Key Stage 1 and 2. We employ a group of highly qualified coaching staff who have a broad range of experience working in both school and community environments. Our minimum requirements include:
- Qualified Teacher Status, 1st 4 Sport Level 3 in Supporting the Delivery of PE & School Sport or a recognised teaching qualification
- NGB Level 2 Sports Qualifications – for example UEFA B
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant and Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification
- An up to date enhanced DBS check carried out every 3 years
- First Aid qualification
- A safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate
- Attendance at regular internal and external CPD opportunities and termly Quality Assurance Observations
What is Premier League Primary Stars?
Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to be active and develop important life skills. The programme has been developed and is managed by the Premier League Charitable Fund, a Premier League funded charity which aims to create positive and lasting sporting, health and education outcomes for children, young people and the wider community.
Our sport and education coaches will guide and support your school to achieve the PL Primary Stars outcomes using the following:
- Supporting Teachers in PE
- Targeted Interventions
- Girls Only Extra Curricular Football
- Social Action Project
- Anti-Discrimination Workshops
- Education Activations
All enquiries contact: Ellie Kirk, Primary Delivery Manager
The following primary schools access our provisions, from Breakfast, Lunch and After school clubs, Premier League Primary Stars programmes, and PE PPA cover…